Saturday, 22 October 2011

Two down, 23 to go...sort of.

Well I beat two of the games on my list now. The first one was Xenoblade Chronicles, a JRPG that got localized in Europe but us in North America will likely never see (unless you import like i did.) It's a Wii game, and I can honestly say it's probably THE best Wii game I've played since launch. The story was fantastic, the cinamatics were fantastic, the music was AMAZING and the gameplay was fun and addictive. It's not every day you find a game that takes you 80 hours to complete but you do it without ever feeling bored, without taking any breaks to play something else... it's been a long time since I've played a new RPG like this, one that reminds me why I loved the Japanese RPG so much back in my highschool days. I can easily see myself replaying it again one day, on new game plus so I can finish all the side quests, and if you haven't checked the game out yet, I highly suggest you do.

The other game I beat, and I actually am still playing through probably another couple times at least, is Dark Souls, the new game from the creators of Demon's Souls. It's a pretty.. "hardcore" game. It actually feels more like an action game then an rpg sometimes but there are definite rpg elements with levelling up and upgrading your equipment, as well as all the options for weapons and armor, shields ect. It is hard, but only if you're not careful. A careful cautious player who thinks as he or she plays will get through the game without too much frusteration and will likely find a great sense of acomplishment after they are done. There is ONE problem with this game though.I liked it so much that i feel the need to replay it...which will possibly slow down progress with the other games but whatever.

Persona 2 innocent sin is going well, though I haven't been playing it as much lately. I did play and beat Batman Arkham City (which isn't an RPG so it doesn't count) and it was pretty good. I'm also working on Professor Layton: The Last Specter which is also not really an rpg but I love the series anyways. I'll try to update more frequently now, maybe a post per week about my progress. So until next time, happy gaming!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice progress so far! I like these progress reports. I feel so "in the loop", haha. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete